Cleaning & Restoration Breaking News

Kimberly-Clark Rated High on Good Housekeeping Scale

March 29, 2001
/ Print / Reprints /
/ Text Size+
Dallas, Texas -- (PRNewswire) -- Kleenex Viva paper towels and Scott paper towels this month received the Best Overall and Best Buy ratings respectively, by textile experts from the Good Housekeeping Institute. Kimberly-Clark Corporation manufactures and markets both towels.

The Institute, which is the consumer product evaluation laboratory for Good Housekeeping magazine, tested nine leading brands of paper towels.

The Good Housekeeping Institute tested the nine brands in a battery of tests, including absorbency, strength, linting and dye-release. Three tests for absorbency (wicking, total absorbency and absorbency of oil) accounted for 60 percent of a paper towel's overall score. Tensile strength and scrubbing accounted for the remaining 40 percent of a towel's score.

Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to i Cleaning Specialist Magazine.

You must login or register in order to post a comment.



Image Galleries

The 2014 Experience Conference and Exhibition

A look in photos at the 2014 Experience Conference and Exhibition, which was held from April 24-26 at the Embassy Suites Convention Center and Spa in Frisco, Texas.

1/27/15 2:00 pm EST

Grow Your Business and Improve Operations with New Payment Technology

Attend this free webinar to learn how new developments in payment technology can help you close more jobs, increase upselling opportunities and improve operations.


The winter slow season is a great time to pursue commercial cleaning accounts and stay busy. John "the Hitman" Braun solicited questions from thousands of cleaners across the country regarding their questions on commercial cleaning accounts and answers them in this episode of the show.
More Podcasts

ICS Cleaning Specialist Magazine


2014 Nov/Dec

The Nov/Dec ICS features content on how to get better meter readings, a roundtable on truckmount development, neighborhood marketing and more. Also included is the annual Buyer’s Guide and Directory.

Table Of Contents Subscribe

Janitorial Work

In addition to residential and commercial carpet cleaning, do you do any janitorial work on the side?
View Results Poll Archive


The Carpet Cleaner's Book of Unlimited Success! (ebook)

Don’t worry about the recession or about your competition.  Now you can be the owner of over 400 ways for carpet cleaning professionals to make more money and get more jobs!

More Products


Director_Buyer.jpgThe premier resource and reference guide for the cleaning and restoration industries.

Click here to view


facebook_40.png twitter_40px.png youtube_40px.pngcrc logo


Truckmount.jpgEquipment listings and specifications from the leading industry manufacturers.

Click here to view