- THE MAGAZINE
“The workshops offer attendees an in-depth tutorial of the updates to the S520,” said Paul Pearce, IICRC president. “Having this knowledge is critical to maintaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace, which is increasingly important given current economic conditions.”
The courses are being taught by members of the IICRC S520 Consensus Body, including IICRC Standards Chairman Jim Holland, Restoration Consultants; IICRC Vice Chairman Howie Wolf, HW3 Consulting; IICRC AMRT TAC Chairperson Rachel Adams, Indoor Air Management; Dan Bernazzani, ITEL; Stephanie Beattie, Center for Disaster Recovery; and IICRC Standards Consultant Larry Cooper, Textile Consultants.
Attendees can also earn continuing education credits (CEC) as the one-day course is approved for one IICRC CEC (microbial), or one every-other-year AMRT (Applied Microbial Remediation Technician) IICRC refresher credit and American Indoor Air Quality Council (AmIAQ) is offering eight continuing education credits.
While designed for restorers and remediators, the course is also beneficial to anyone involved in the microbial industry, such as attorneys, property inspectors, insurance representatives, government and public health officials, industrial hygienists, chemical formulators and equipment manufacturers.
The cost for the course ranges from $149-$450, depending on the location. To register, visit www.textileconsultants.net. Dates for upcoming workshops are:
- Phoenix, Ariz., January 14, 2009
- Los Angeles, Calif., January 22, 2009
- Sacramento, Calif., January 23, 2009
- Medford, N.Y., January 27, 2009
- Houston, Texas, January 29, 2009
- Madison, Wis., February 10, 2009
- Boston, Mass., March 3, 2009
- Pittsburg, Pa., March 6, 2009
- Greensboro, N.C., March 25, 2009
- Knoxville, Tenn., March 27, 2009
- Indianapolis, Ind., April 2, 2009
- Portland, Ore., April 22, 2009
- Vancouver, British Columbia, April 23, 2009
- Clearwater Beach, Florida, May 12, 2009
For information on the IICRC’s certification programs and standards please visit www.iicrc.org. To purchase a copy of the S520 standard please visit http://www.iicrc.org/pdf/S520_2nd_Edition_Order_Form.pdf or call 360-693-5675.