- THE MAGAZINE
The survey was posted by and conducted by Tornado Industries, manufacturers of professional cleaning equipment.
The company, which conducts e-polls on a regular basis, normally invites cleaning professionals to take the survey via e-mail invitations.
This time, however, invitations and links to the survey were posted on a variety of industry-related social media Web sites as well as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
The survey found that virtually all-96 percent-of the respondents own their own floor machines.
As to specific types:
- Thirty-nine percent own conventional “buffer-type” machines
- Thirty-six percent own automatic scrubbers
- The remaining 25 percent use walk-behind, ride-on, or multitasking machines.
- Industrial locations, 27 percent
- Schools and universities, 24 percent
- Large offices, 22 percent
- Small offices, 20 percent.
- The right features, 35 percent
- Trusted brand, 20 percent
- Best price, 15 percent
- Recommended by the distributor, 15 percent
- Easiest to use, about 15 percent.
- Easy to use, 36 percent
- Great results, 32 percent
- Few maintenance problems, 21 percent.