- THE MAGAZINE
The i3 MicroClean provides plastic manufacturers, including medical device product companies, with an environmentally responsible and safe way to clean delicate surfaces and complex mold cavities and crevices that other methods can’t reach.
Cold Jet introduces the new i3 MicroClean precision dry ice blast cleaning and product finishing system. Featuring Cold Jet’s patented shaved dry ice and feeder technologies technology, the i3 MicroClean provides plastic manufacturers, including medical device product companies, with an environmentally responsible and safe way to clean delicate surfaces and complex mold cavities and crevices that other methods can’t reach. The precision cleaning system cleans without abrasion and while molds are still hot and in the press, which significantly reduces cleaning time and impact on production.
The i3 MicroClean is a low-flow system that requires less ice for optimum performance on micro-cavities and molds with unique geometries, while the variable feed allows for optimized ice-to-air ratio and minimum waste. The i³ MicroClean is ergonomic, user-friendly, and can help manufacturers increase production cycles between preventative maintenance, reduce costs and reduce secondary waste.
“The new i3 MicroClean was designed specifically for our precision plastics manufacturers to help protect their investments in their delicate product molds and equipment, and to ensure they produce the highest quality end products every time,” said Gene Cooke, president and CEO of Cold Jet. “Traditional cleaning methods can be time consuming and costly, requiring prolonged production downtime and machine disassembly that places equipment at risk. The mobile i3 MicroClean works wherever it is needed, delivering a consistent, reliable and safe clean for a wide-variety of applications.”
Cooke added, “We are seeing tremendous interest in our precision dry ice blasting systems from medical device manufacturers who are looking for faster, more effective ways to clean the delicate substrates, intricate geometries or tiny openings found on product molds. In addition, many are embracing our systems as part of their deburring and deflashing processes in efforts to enhance their product finishing efforts.”
Included with the next generation i3 MicroClean are the following feature and benefits:
- Blasting pressure raised from 125 to 140 psi (8.6 to 9.7 bar)
- Durable, reliable and maintenance-free double-reduction chain drive system
- Pneumatic circuitry regulates pressure loss and reduces moisture build-up
- Smaller, more ergonomic applicator with high intensity LED light for cleaning in tight, poor lit areas
- Ice block level indicator to help ensure continuous cleaning and product finishing
- Integrated bonding cable that virtually eliminates static shock
- Internal aerodynamics optimized for better performance
- New tool cart with integrated nozzle storage and cooler for storage for up to 3 blocks
- New specialty nozzles: 0.875” (22mm) fan nozzle for fast dusting & cleaning, 0.875” (22mm) fragmenting nozzle for the gentlest cleaning applications, and two2 patented MERN technology nozzles (25 CFM and 50CFM) for the highest performance
- New optional silicone blast hose for increased flexibility