- THE MAGAZINE
Restoration & Remediationand ICS Cleaning Specialist are holding a Mold Remediation Symposium on Tuesday, April 9 at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, N.J. in response to Superstorm Sandy, where the principals, processes and products of mold remediation will be presented in a hands-on fashion.
“Sandy created an unprecedented need for mold remediation services and this symposium will help professionals take advantage of this opportunity,” says Evan Kessler, Publisher, ICS Cleaning Specialist and Restoration & Remediation.
The one-day event will educate those in attendance on the cleaning, restoration and remediation of mold as they prepare for an increase in business in Superstorm Sandy’s aftermath. Presenters include industry leaders Wayne Lawrence, of Grand Northern Products, and Rachel Adams, an IICRC-approved instructor and President of Indoor Environmental Management, Inc.
Other topics included in the curriculum include:
- Health and safety of technicians and occupants
- Health effects from exposure to mold in water-damaged buildings
- Principals of IICRC S520 Standard
- Source removal techniques
- When to call an indoor environmental professional
- Contents restoration
- Hands-on training of soda and dry ice blasting