- THE MAGAZINE
"It is a pleasure to present the AIHA Fellow Award to this year's winners. Their extraordinary accomplishments and contributions to the profession and to the association make this occasion very special," said AIHA President Roy Buchan, DrPH, CIH.
Members who are chosen to be Fellows have made a significant contribution to the practice of industrial hygiene or related disciplines and have been nominated by colleagues in the profession. The Fellow classification is limited to no more than 5 percent of the AIHA membership.
AIHA's new Fellows are:
- Robert C. Adams, CIH, CSP, ENVIRON International Corporation, Princeton, New Jersey, nominated by the AIHA Construction Committee.
- Daniel P. Adley, CIH, CSP, KTA-Tator, Inc., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, nominated by the AIHA Construction Committee.
- Lindsay E. Booher, CIH, CSP, ExxonMobil Corporation, Fairfax, Virginia, nominated by the AIHA Tidewater Local Section.
- Eric L. Botnick, CIH, Monsanto Company, Luling, Louisiana, nominated by the AIHA Sampling and Laboratory Analysis Committee.
- Kyle B. Dotson, CIH, CSP, DEE Calpine Corporation, San Jose, California, nominated by the AIHA Indoor Environmental Quality Special Interest Group.
- Nurtan A. Esmen, PhD, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, nominated by the AIHA Oklahoma Local Section.
- Christine L. Laszcz-Davis, MS, CIH, REA, The Environmental Quality Organization, LLC, Lafayette, California, nominated by the AIHA Northern California Local Section.
- John W. Martyny, PhD, CIH, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, Colorado, nominated by the AIHA Rocky Mountain Local Section.
- Gayla J. McCluskey, CIH, CSP, ROH, QEP, Global Environmental Health Services, Inc., Radnor, Pennsylvania, nominated by the American Industrial Hygiene Foundation (AIHF).
- James D. McGlothlin, PhD, CPE, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, nominated by the AIHA Ergonomics Committee.
- Gary O. Nelson, Miller-Nelson Research, Inc., Monterey, California, nominated by the AIHA Sampling and Laboratory Analysis Committee.
- Frank M. Renshaw, PhD, CIH, CSP, Rohm and Haas Company, Croydon, Pennsylvania, nominated by the AIHA Philadelphia Local Section.
- Richard M. Warner, CIH, REA, CSP, Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, California, nominated by the AIHA Orange County Local Section.
- Robert W. Wheeler, PE, DEE, Industrial Environmental Health Consultants, Ltd., Star City, West Virginia, nominated by the American Industrial Hygiene Foundation (AIHF).
Nominations for the AIHA Fellow Award are accepted from AIHA local sections, committees, and special interest groups each year. At-large nominations are also accepted. The Awards Committee then evaluates the nominations and makes recommendations to the AIHA Board of Directors for final approval. Candidates must be AIHA members in good standing with at least 15 years of continuous membership and must be currently employed in industrial hygiene or a related field.