- THE MAGAZINE
Firefighters were called around 9 p.m. to The Firehouse Saloon, 3725 W. Michigan Ave., and rushed in to extinguish the blaze in the kitchen.
The flames and smoke spread throughout the building, and were brought under control in about 30 minutes.
The business was closed at the time. There were no injuries.
The cost of the damage, which was extensive, has not been determined.
The cleaning crew told investigators an explosion occurred while they were using chemicals to refinish the kitchen floor.