- THE MAGAZINE
The webinars will feature thought leaders in the green cleaning industry, school facility managers, district administrators, winners of the Green Cleaning Awards for Schools & Universities and others who have successfully started and maintained green cleaning programs in schools. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and seek advice specific to their schools.
“Green cleaning at schools makes a real difference for the health of everyone in the building – children, teachers, and the staff who work closely with cleaning products,” said Rochelle Davis, president and CEO of Healthy Schools Campaign. “With this series, we are bringing together the on-the-ground experts who are leading the way with green cleaning in our nation’s schools so that we can all benefit from their practical advice and experience.”
- Learn From the Leaders (June 15) Winners from the 2010 Green Clean Awards will discuss the highlights of their programs and share tips and strategies for starting and sustaining a green cleaning program. A question and answer session will follow the webinar and will give participants the chance to interact with and learn from the Green Clean Award winners. Speakers include Michael Jones of the Columbia Public School District; Pat Pizzo of East Meadow Union Free School District; and Kimberly Thomas of the University of Georgia Physical Plant.
- Green Cleaning and Infection Control (June 27) Building engineers and content experts will discuss strategies for controlling the spread of infections while maintaining a healthy school environment. Speakers will discuss the challenges and solutions involved in making infection control a regular part of your green cleaning program. Speakers include Mervin Brewer of the Salt Lake City School District; Donna Duberg, Assistant Professor of Clinical Laboratory Science at Saint Louis University; and Deb Stafford of Green Chimneys School. This webinar is sponsored by TORK.
- New Technology and Green Cleaning (July 18) Building engineers and content experts will discuss the latest and greatest technology in green cleaning and review the new products they are using in the schools they serve. In addition, speakers will discuss strategies for creating buy-in among cleaning staff for new green cleaning technology and building support for green cleaning programs throughout the school community. Speakers include Steve Ashkin of The Ashkin Group LLC; Gene Woodard of the University of Washington; and a representative of a K-12 school.
- The Dollars and Cents: Making the Financial Case for Green Cleaning (August 1) Speakers will discuss the financial benefits of green cleaning and share strategies they have identified for saving in product and labor costs. Speakers will share their own stories of implementing cost effective green cleaning programs. Speakers include Steve Ashkin of The Ashkin Group LLC; Michael Jones of Columbia Public School District; and Pat Pizzo of the East Union School District.This webinar is sponsored by P&G Professional.
- Process Cleaning for Healthy Schools: (August 15) Healthier cleaning processes in schools are good for workers, students and staff; they also make a difference for attendance and the long-term bottom line. But how do you implement a healthy cleaning program in a time of immediate budget crisis? Speakers will address effective strategies and practical tips. Speakers include Rex Morrison, Housekeeping Training Coordinator for the Washoe County School District; and Allen Rathey, president of InstructionLink/JanTrain, Inc. This webinar is sponsored by Kaivac, Inc.