- THE MAGAZINE
Based in Mukilteo, Washington, HydraMaster was founded in 1969 and is today one of the industry’s leading manufacturers of truck-mount carpet cleaning systems and equipment.
According to Doug Hauff, General Manager of HydraMaster, the company is focusing most on those divisions that will help the firm prepare for future growth.
“Expanding our R&D department will allow us to accelerate our development of the next generation of truck mounts,” he says. “In addition, we are reorganizing our sales department to meet our key objectives.”
Hauff says those key sales objectives are:
- Add support for the company’s distributors and key accounts.
- Enhance customer service operations to help end users.
- Bolster support for sales representatives.
The restructuring also involves several key staffing changes.
- Wayne Boone, as recently announced, is HydraMaster’s new Director of Sales.
- Bruce Daw, a 20-year veteran of the carpet cleaning industry, will be HydraMaster’s new Western Regional Sales Manager.
- Phil Sis, previously Director of Engineering with Clarke, is now the new Vice President of Engineering and Operations.
“Although the restructuring will eliminate some positions, we believe this is necessary to help position HydraMaster for a much stronger future,” says Hauff. “We consider our greater emphasis on engineering, research, design, and new technology is not only the right decision for the company but will significantly benefit carpet cleaning technicians as well as the entire carpet cleaning industry.”