- THE MAGAZINE
“These new search functions greatly improve a potential customer’s ability to identify certified professionals in their geographic area,” said Tom Hill, IICRC executive administrator.
With these new features, potential customers now have several search options, including:
- Selecting the size of the search area, from a radius of five to 200 miles;
- Searching for more than one certification at a time – for example, a professional with both carpet and upholstery cleaning certification;
- Directly linking to a Certified Firm’s Web site (only available if the firm’s site has been provided to the IICRC);
- Providing contact information via an “opt-in” section for firms to follow up with the customer or prospect, and;
- Verifying certifications by entering the name of a firm, inspector, master textile cleaner, master water restorer or master fire and smoke restorer.
The search results now include all Certified Firms that fall within the selected search area and criteria, listing firms by of geographic proximity to the searcher. The online search database will be updated frequently from the main IICRC database to ensure timely updates to a firm’s name. For example, when a new Certified Firm is added or a current firm obtains an additional certification, the new information will appear within several days. As an added feature for Certified Firms, IICRC will provide weekly e-mail notifications detailing the number of times a firm’s name appeared on the search during the previous week.
“We’ve listened to our registrants and understand the need to make searching for a Certified Firm or Inspector as easy as possible,” said IICRC President Ruth Travis. “The upgrades are an added benefit for our constituents and the consumers who use their services.”
To learn more about becoming a Certified Firm, visit the IICRC Registrant site at www.iicrc.org, or e-mail email@example.com.