- THE MAGAZINE
John Malish, grandfather of current Malish President Jeff Malish, began what would become The Malish Corporation in 1946. With the creation of his first operable machine, John Malish founded a company called Malish Brush & Specialty Company, which would be incorporated in 1948. Thriving at different locations in Cleveland, Malish Brush & Specialty Co. served primarily as an OEM brush supplier, a role in which the company flourished. In 1970, ground was broken at the current Willoughby, Ohio, site. During this period, John's son Terry headed the company and spearheaded dramatic growth domestically while also developing a strong international customer base. It was also during this period that the company began to supplement its OEM business by marketing its brushes to the aftermarket through distributors. Since then, the original 30,000 square foot plant has grown to include a 20,000 square foot addition and a 33,000 square foot structure that houses the company's Plastic Products Division.
The domestic footprint of The Malish Corporation is not the only facet of the company that is growing. The Malish Corporation has entered the twenty-first century with an increased emphasis on the global marketplace. In addition to a 150-employee manufacturing plant in Dongguan City, Guangdong, China, which began operation in 1999, The Malish Corporation opens 2008 with a new warehouse and sales office in Verona, Italy.