- THE MAGAZINE
NADCA's International Forum hosted participants from Australia, Canada, China, Japan, Italy, United Arab Emirates, and the United States. Participants reported on the industry's state of affairs in their own countries, contributing to an overall picture of increasing sales, new governmental regulations, and new business opportunities available through international collaboration. It was reported that NADCA's ACR Standard had been adopted in part by both China and Italy within the past year.
The CEC Training Program, formerly known as Train-the-Trainer, was met with continued success. NADCA President Bill Lundquist provided a comprehensive presentation of coil restoration, including information he compiled documenting operating pressures from coil manufacturers across the U.S. Longtime member Brad Kuhlmann filled in as an emergency presenter and provided tips and techniques for complying with NADCA's ACR 2006 Standard.
Highlights from the General Business Meeting include:
- ANSI accreditation of NADCA as a Standards Developer is nearing completion. The Association expects to be accredited by spring of 2007.
- Region 15 (China) was established, with Robert Nicholson, ASCS, appointed as Regional Coordinator. Mr. Nicholson is the Managing Director of Air Control Asia Air Duct Cleaning Equipment Pty. Ltd.
- Jeremy Stamkos, ASCS, was appointed as Coordinator for Region 11 (Oceania). Mr. Stamkos, Managing Director of Enviroair Pty Ltd, replaces Grant Shallcross.
- Results from the Board elections were announced. Doug Groen is a new Regular Director, Peter Haugen is the new Associate Director, and Bill Lundquist was reelected as a Regular Director.
- The 2007-2008 Officers are as follows: Bill Lundquist, President; Brad Kuhlmann, 1st Vice President; Terry Donohue, 2nd Vice President; Matt Mongiello, Secretary; Robert "Buck" Sheppard, Treasurer.
By all accounts, the 18th Annual Meeting & Exposition was a success. First-time attendee Rob Mackenzie from EnviroCare Systems, Inc. in Ontario, Canada noted, "I learned so much that will help me in my business. My only complaint is that I didn't come to one of these [meetings] before!"
The 19th Annual Meeting & Exposition will be held in San Diego, California, March 7-10, 2008. Anyone wishing to submit an abstract to present at next year's event is encouraged to do so. Deadline for submissions is April 21, 2007. Please direct all submissions to John Schulte at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association is a non-profit trade association dedicated to setting standards and guidelines within the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) cleaning industry, and represents certified contractors who perform HVAC system cleaning. For more information, visit www.nadca.com, email: email@example.com, or call (202) 737-2926.