2012 ICS Year in Review
It’s been another busy, eventful year in the carpet cleaning and restoration industry, so we thought it would be fitting to take a look back at some of the biggest headlines in the industry as well as some of the most popular stories that have appeared in ICS Cleaning Specialist. Check out what we came up with below and be sure to speak up on what you think has been the biggest industry-related story in 2012 over on Clean Restore Connect:
- Howard Partridge talked about the 747 business model and how you can take a lesson from Boeing and Dr. John C. Maxwell: Part I, Part II, Part III
- The International Cleaning and Restoration Association, or ICRA, officially formed.
- Industry icon Bane-Clene celebrated 50 years in business.
- John Braun dishes on just how important blogging and social media can be to your business.
- Aaron Groseclose re-visited moths and wool rugs, 10 years after he first wrote on the topic.
- The IICRC changed its name to “The Clean Trust” at the end of 2011, then months later decided to flip-flop it back to the IICRC. Then, the IICRC revamped its website.
- Steve Toburen penned a great series on how to cut the “C.R.A.P.,” or “cut rate advertised price” business model: Part I, Part II
- We assembled a panel of experts from HydraMaster/U.S. Products, Prochem, Sapphire Scientific and Cleanco for an in-depth discussion on truckmounts.
- Kevin Fisher wrote on just how much airflow you really need.
- Here’s an in-depth look at what you really need to be considering while shopping around for your next vacuum.
- We took a look at what add-ons might be right for your carpet cleaning business.
- After its 10th-anniversary show, Connections ended. However, it was then announced that some of Connection’s original founders and the ICRA would be starting a new trade show– The Experience.
- Gordon Hanks, aka “the Gadget Man,” dished on tools and technology. Check out Gordon’s author pageto see the topics he wrote on.
- The IICRC announced its international trade association, the IICRCA, as well as plans to host a 2013 fall trade show.
- Aaron Groseclose penned a series on his adventures rug touring in Turkey: Part I, Part II, Part III
- Here’s a look at ICS’ 2012 gallery of technology in cleaning and restoration.