Buffalo Grove, IL – May 4, 2009 – In combining the two foremost biocide companies – Dow Biocides and Rohm and Haas Advanced Materials – the global industry leader has arrived. The combined technologies and enhanced offering make Dow Microbial Control a science and technology leader for sourcing the highest performing, most sustainable and best supported portfolio of actives, products and technologies to help solve any microbial control problem.
“Dow Microbial Control is now the leading company for all microbial control needs,” said Mark Henning, general manager, Dow Microbial Control. “From specialty to commodity, highly-regulated to non-regulated, our new business has the expertise to help our customers save time, money and resources to solve any microbial problem.”
With the combined resources of Dow Biocides and Rohm and Haas Biocides, the new Dow Microbial Control has a comprehensive offering available to help customers, including:
- Innovative technologies and delivery methods with the highest-performing, most sustainable and best supported portfolio of microbial control products to help customers perfect their formulations
- World-leading team of experts in microbial control technologies
- Expertise and understanding of market-specific needs to provide answers to questions and problems
- Environmentally preferred products designed to meet evolving regulatory needs of our customers
- Comprehensive resources available on a local level through regional customer application centers around the world to ensure personalized support around the globe
Dow Microbial Control customer application centers are located in: Buffalo Grove, Illinois, USA; Buchs, Switzerland; Horgen, Switzerland; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Mumbai, India; Valbonne, France; São Paolo, Brazil; Jacarei, Brazil; Queretaro, Mexico; Shanghai, Peoples Republic of China; Singapore; Soma, Japan; and Spring House Pennsylvania, USA.
“Our regional customer applications centers play a critical role in how we work with our customers around the globe,” said Henning. “We are able to offer customers global leadership with a local focus. Each of our centers contains dedicated application and challenge testing laboratories, and is fully staffed with technology experts and the best equipment, including TAUNOVATESM High Throughput optimization capabilities.”
Dow Microbial Control has a leadership position in numerous markets, including oil field, paint, industrial water treatment, pulp and paper, household and personal care, cleaners, plastics, building materials, marine antifouling, wood, metalworking and animal biosecurity.