Evolving the IICRC's Mission, Vision and Values
May 23, 2011
During the past two years, the IICRC has been taking a critical look at the organization and examining how we can best evolve as an organization. After careful consideration and a review and approval process, the IICRC has updated its mission:
The mission of IICRC is to identify and promote an international standard of care that creates and maintains the health, safety and welfare of the built environment.
In addition to reviewing and updating the mission, we’ve been working as a group to determine where we want to be in the future and what the IICRC should look like... in 2020:
IICRC has become highly respected and recognized internationally as the leading association in the industry, and has developed strong collaborative relationships with allied industry groups. It has been the driving force in building credibility and professionalism in the industry through its certification programs, elevated standard setting, consumer awareness and confidence efforts, consumer protection initiatives, and emphasis on the connection between cleaning services and improved health.
It has grown to more than 100,000 registrants and has a strong membership of affiliated organizations and firms who are committed to the goals of the organization. It is the primary source for the growing body of knowledge in the industry, has helped to standardize the professional vernacular, does research on the science and best practices in the profession, and is the leading force in the “green cleaning” movement.
Beyond the vision and mission statements, the IICRC also wanted to establish the core values that the organization will always strive to live up to:
- Integrity - We will establish and maintain a culture characterized by honesty, high values and exceptional standards of conduct.
- Respect - We will treat everyone we encounter in our interactions through IICRC in the same manner we would wish to be treated.
- Responsible - We will work to assure that the obligations and stated goals of IICRC are met in a timely fashion.
- Excellence - We will accept nothing less than the best in leadership, quality and service.
- Expert - We will continue to build IICRC’s reputation as the leading authority and source of professional knowledge in the industry.