When it comes to invoice psychology, a textile-cleaning service company can add serious value through proper verbiage. As professionals in a service business, brand and image is just as important as the ability to clean all interior textiles to IICRC guidelines.
On completing an excellent cleaning job, the professional must know how to use the right verbiage to enhance the cleaning experience as one founded on education and scientific principles. Professionals need to send the client the right message, a message that makes the client understand that the technician controls the outcome of the job through the knowledge and education they possess. When the textile-cleaning company understands invoice psychology, that knowledge becomes one of the most powerful marketing tools in your arsenal.
Let’s take a look at how invoice psychology, coupled with proper verbiage, will send your clients the right message. The message will be based on certification, science and environmentally sound cleaning systems. When writing your invoice an itemized approach adds more value, especially when you add verbiage bolstering education. The following example – you’d use your company name in place of “Our Company” – is how I suggest you write and itemize your cleaning invoice. Begin With the Pre-Inspection
Verbiage along the lines of the following should be included on your invoice:
Prior to cleaning, all carpet is inspected by an IICRC-certified technician. Type of carpet fiber in addition to carpet backing system was evaluated for proper product selection in order to clean to IICRC S100 guidelines. Area(s) of the carpet that exhibit damage are explained to customer, who understands cleaning cannot resolve damage to carpet fibers (i.e., dye stains, pet stains, shading, abrasion and areas that developed texture changes in pivotal traffic areas). The customer is having the above textiles cleaned with the pre-inspection in mind.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Caution to clients when walking from damp to hard surface floors. It may be slippery. Do not allow children or pets on damp carpet. Refrain from using carpet until completely dry. Ten-Step Carpet Cleaning Process
I recommend that the following information be presented to your client along with invoice:
- After a thorough pre-inspection we begin the cleaning process with pre-agitation of the carpet with a carpet groomer. This important step lifts fibers into an upright position, allowing vacuuming to be more effective by removing more dry soil, which can damage and deplete the life of your carpet.
- The carpet was vacuumed with a HEPA filtration vacuum to remove dry soil. Our HEPA vacuum system not only adds life to your carpet by removing damaging dry soil, but small micron particles that may go airborne with vacuums without micro filtration are trapped by HEPA technology, giving our clients a cleaner and healthier indoor environment.
- A pre-treatment was applied to the carpet fibers in an attempt to remove and dislodge any stain that has not already damaged the dye sites of the carpet. Our Company only uses environmentally friendly cleaning solutions, assuring your family clean and healthy carpet.
- The pre-treatment was agitated into the fibers with a carpet groomer. This step helps to dislodge ground in dirt and remove as many stains as scientifically possible. The pre-treatment is part of an overall professional cleaning system that strives for optimum results.
- Extraction process. Our Company takes pride in cleaning to IICRC S100 industry standards. After the pre-treatment emulsifies and dislodges soils from the fiber. Our Company uses specialized rinsing agents to remove detergent residues and leave carpet with a soft hand with no sticky residues to contribute to resoiling of carpet. Simply stated we do not cut corners and take pride in delivering clients the latest in healthy clean technologies.
- In order to bring back the stain-resistant quality your carpet that it once had, Our Company applies the highest-quality carpet protector. Protector is not permanent and will wear off through foot traffic and abrasion. Carpet manufacturers of stain-resistant carpet require frequent cleaning to certain standards to maintain their warranty. When stain-resistant properties wear off, the carpet will be easily stained by acid dyes and oil based substances resulting in permanent damage to the carpet.
- Plastic tabs or blocks are placed under all furniture to protect the carpet from varnish stains in addition to protecting furniture legs from any exposure to moisture. Do not remove the plastic tabs or blocks for at least 24 hours.
- Industry standards state after the carpet cleaning process, carpet should be dry as quick as possible. Our Company goes the extra mile by using air movers to provide mechanical ventilation which dry carpets much faster then leaving drying to atmospheric conditions. Our Company takes pride in delivering clean, dry, healthy carpet cleaning.
- All cleaning is provided by Certified Master Textile Cleaning Technician (insert your name here) according to IICRC S100 guidelines for on-location cleaning of residential textiles.
- Our 10-day re-clean guarantee exhibits pride and integrity Our Company is well known for. Find anything you are not happy with up to ten days after the cleaning and at no charge Our Company will return to clean the areas in question.
Always remember to give your clients after-care instructions that discuss drying and safety procedures.
Professionals must base their message on technology and science, which has its foundation in education, in order for your client to see value in carpet cleaning and related services. Inner strength and will power are necessary to try something new. Remember, failure is not in your vocabulary. Implementation of new, exciting ways to deliver your message is available. Be aggressive with education and positive change is closer than you may think. Do not place limitations on yourself. You have the ability to reach new heights with the power of education and determination. Set business and personal goals, and knock them down one by one. Unleash the power of education.