ISSA to Change Annual Convention Format Starting in 2002
At a recent meeting, the board reviewed the attendance and the participant surveys from the first ISSA/Interclean event held in Chicago in 1999 and from the traditional ISSA Convention held in Atlanta last year. The following determinations were made:
- A consistent format each year is preferable.
- The ISSA Convention needs to maintain a venue for distributors to meet in an affordable and efficient way with multiple suppliers.
- Distributors preferred that time be set aside for seminars focused specifically on distributor issues and where they might take advantage of networking with other distributors without end users present.
- An "open," industry-wide format provides distributors the opportunity to invite customers and to solidify the added value that a distributor provides for its customers and suppliers.
As a result of these evaluations, the board has changed the show's format beginning 2002 in Las Vegas, and in each year thereafter, as follows:
- The show name will be ISSA/Interclean every year.
- The format and the dates for 2002 are as follows:
- October 15: The traditional seminar format will be open to distributors and manufacturers only.
- October 16: The tradeshow floor will be open only to distributors. A seminar day will be scheduled on that Wednesday for end users. Wednesday morning's traditional keynote event will be open to all attendees.
- October 17-18: The show will be open to all cleaning professionals.