Canton, MA – May 5, 2009 - Pro-Link, a leading jansan marketing and buying group, is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
The organization, which now has over 75 members throughout the U.S., was started as a result of a phone call between Richard Casey of Casey EMI, Foxboro, Massachusetts and Daniel Mirto of Rheil Supply Company, Youngstown, Ohio.
The two discussed the idea of organizing a group of independent jansan distributors to achieve buying power beyond that of an individual company.
By July 1984, they were joined by five other jansan distributors who decided to form a buying group, then called Preferred Distributors. The company was incorporated later that year and quickly grew to nearly 20 members.
In 1989, the group’s name was changed to Pro-Link, Inc.
“At that time, a ‘Code of Regulations’ was adopted,” says Paul Lemieux, President of Pro-Link. “The code, which served as our mission statement, has served us well for all these years.”
According to Lemieux, some key elements of the Pro-Link “code” include:
- The organization will provide its members with a vehicle to help its members economically
- Encourage an interchange of ideas and ideals to help members better and more efficiently operate their businesses
- Help members understand and disseminate jansan-related sales sciences and technical information.
“I think the reason Pro-Link has lasted 25 years and been so successful is because we place our members first,” says Lemieux. “What is best for our members is always foremost in our thoughts and actions.”
Lemieux adds that the organization continues executing plans to grow and strengthen Pro-Link’s future. For instance the company is now:
- Improving its members-only Web site
- Expanding its regional warehousing program coverage area
- Increasing its BSC (building service contractor) tools and training programs
- Expanding its Green product offerings.
“We are excited about the future,” adds Lemieux. “In many ways, we have just scratched the surface of all the exciting things we plan to do to help our members.”