- THE MAGAZINE
The weeklong event attracted 150 attendees, including distributor members of Pro-Link, suppliers, and their guests.
This year, the meeting featured two keynote speakers: Bruce Merrifield of The Merrifield Consulting Group, a graduate of both Princeton and Harvard University and a recognized expert on independent distribution channels, and Alice Wheaton, sales consultant, professional speaker, and author of the best selling book, Say No to Me! The Power of Upside-Down Selling.
“The presenter’s placed a heavy emphasis on enhanced sales techniques, says Paul Lemieux, president of Pro-Link. “They also discussed ways to improve customer retention and cope with changes happening in the distribution industry.”
Along with the keynote speakers, golf events and evening receptions, there were 12 “business builder breakout sessions.” Some led by Pro-Link’s distributors, these sessions offered information on an array of topics-from marketing Green cleaning products, running effective customer seminars, managing equipment service departments, to helping distributors make financial and operational changes in their businesses.
Additionally, an awards banquet was held honoring Pro-Link suppliers and distributors. The winners of this year’s awards were:
- Supplier of the Year: GOJO Industries of Akron, OH, a Pro-Link supplier since 1985, was named Supplier of the Year for their sales support, innovation, and customer service.
- Supplier Link Award: Claire Manufacturing, of Addison, IL, a Pro-Link supplier since 1985, received the Supplier Link Award for the help and support they provide Pro-Link members, end users, and other suppliers.
- Distributor of the Year: Casey EMI, Foxboro, MA, a Pro-Link distributor since 1984, was named Distributor of the Year. Casey EMI won the award based on their support and receptivity of Pro-Link’s products and programs and their strong working relationships with members and sales reps.
- Distributor Link Award: Penn Valley Chemical of Lansdale, PA, a Pro-Link distributor since 1984, received the Distributor Link Award based on the help and support they provide to Pro-Link, their work with end users, suppliers, and other distributors; and their receptivity to new programs and products.
- Pro-Link Regional Manager of the Year: Jeff Lannon, who covers the New England region, received Pro-Link’s Regional Manager of the Year award for his achievement of annual sales targets, demonstrated success in working with Pro-Link distributors on training, introduction of new programs and end-user sales activity. Jeff Lannon has been with Pro-Link since 1998.